At long last – exciting news – I am a Published Author!! “Deviant Quilting” was released this week as an Ebook, available as a download or as a CD-ROM from www.vivebooks.com
I am very proud of how the books looks on screen. It is easy to download onto a laptop; then it can be synced to a tablet such as an iPad. It is possible to download straight onto an iPad but you may need an app for that. Vivienne’s download instructions are clear but if you prefer a hard copy on a disk then it is the same price including postage. She has been posting on Facebook to promote the book and a couple of Big Names in quilting have offered to review it to spread the word:)
The popular Bernina Germany blog has invited me to to write an article as a guest author all about Tartan Tattoo, 1st place winner for Longarm Quilts at OEQC and I will be allowed to plug my book.
It must have been the fantasy of being a “proper writer” that inspired me to bid on two vintage typewriters on Ebay. Maybe I had visions of myself tapping away like Martha Gellhorn but the reality was that neither of them were in great condition. I am considering getting them repaired if it is not too costly or possibly trading them in for one decent model. I can see how addictive collecting these could be, just like vintage sewing machines. Speaking of which, I have one or two of those which really ought to be repaired or sold!
I am keen to keep up with pre-Christmas customer quilts so I can make a start on some quilting for “Purdah”. I managed to fit in 2 lovely small quilts before tackling a large one that will take some time. It is paper foundation pieced very nicely but where the blocks join there are lumpy seams so the SID that I had planned proved impossible. This also ruled out using the Quilt Path to do any automated quilting. I have been using rulers which looks good but takes forever. It has been one of those jobs where I have to make myself do a certain amount of time then go and do something else.
One of those other things was to attach all of the pieces together for “Touch the Pickle”. This was actually quite fiddly as I hand-sewed them together vertically to tiny crochet flowers with invisible thread. As I went along I discovered that some of the cheap 3mm poppers were coming off so I had to use pliers to remove them all and replace them with more substantial 5mm Kams Snaps. Once they were attached to their striped hanging sleeve, they looked like a colourful Indian door curtain. I forgot to photograph them before I carefully folded them all together for storage. It behaves like a set of Christmas lights and gets all tangled up so I daresay some Quilt Angels will curse me next year;)